College of Business (COB)
Search this Collection
UWF College of Business degrees bridge textbook business skills with real-world problem-solving. The result is an experienced and educated workforce sought after by top firms and global corporate giants.
- Department of Accounting and Finance
- The Department of Accounting and Finance is distinguished from other institutions by three primary factors: (1) we offer much smaller classes than you will find at larger institutions, (2) faculty get to know students and will know your name, and (3) it is the philosophy of the Department to hire faculty with real-world experience in addition to being appropriately qualified academically.
- Department of Management & MIS
- The faculty in the Department of Management and MIS are a very diverse group, in both their industrial and their academic backgrounds. Most have had a number of years of professional work experience in the areas in which they teach. As a result, many have won university-level teaching and research awards, and many have won awards within the College of Business. They also publish and consult widely, nationally, and internationally, and hold positions of responsibility in national professional organizations. Thus, they bring a great deal of depth and relevance to their classroom teaching.
- Department of Marketing, Supply Chain Logistics, and Economics
- The Department consists of 11 full-time faculty members with different teaching and research interests including logistics and transportation, sales management, international business, marketing research, Internet commerce, international economics, environmental economics, and public policy. Students interested in an international experience can select either global marketing or global economics and spend a semester overseas at any of the institutions with whom we have exchange programs, including those in Europe, Asia, as well as in the Americas.