You are hereHome › College of Arts, Social Sciences & Humanities (CASSH) › Division of Anthropology and Archaeology › Worth, John › The Eastern Creek frontier Style APAChicagoHarvardIEEEMLATurabian Choose the citation style. Worth, J. E. (1997). The Eastern Creek frontier: History and archaeology of the Flint River towns, ca. 1750-1826. Annual Conference of the Society for American Archaeology, Nashville, TN, 4 April 1997. Download PDF The Eastern Creek frontier Details Type Conference Paper Title The Eastern Creek frontier: History and archaeology of the Flint River towns, ca. 1750-1826 Contributor(s) Worth, John E. (author) Located In Annual Conference of the Society for American Archaeology, Nashville, TN, 4 April 1997 Date April 4, 1997 Abstract This paper presents a current overview of documentary and archaeological evidence for aboriginal occupation associated with the Creek confederacy in the Flint River drainage of western Georgia, correlating specific archaeological sites with named towns where possible, and predicting locations for as-yet unrecorded sites. Largely depopulated soon after the 1540 DeSoto expedition, the Flint was resettled after 1750 by satellite communities of the core Lower Creek towns of Kasihta, Yuchi, Chiaha, and Hichiti. Comparatively well-populated during Benjamin Hawkin's tenure at the Flint River Creek Agency, occupation dwindled after the Creek War and the expansion of Georgia's border between 1814 and 1826.